What is Partnership Registration ?
A Partnership is a business structure in which two or more individuals manage and operate a business in accordance with the terms and goals set out in the PartnershipDeed. Partnership registration is relatively easy and is prevalent among small and medium sized businesses in the unorganized sectors. Partnership Registration is done through Sai Digital Filing.
For Partnership Registration, you must agree on a firm name and then establish a partnership deed. It is a document stating respective rights and obligations of the partners and to be valid it should be written and not oral. The terms of the Partnership Deed can be varied to suit the interests of the partners and can even be made contrary to the Indian Partnership Act, 1932 but if the Partnership Deed is silent on any point, then the provisions of the Act would apply.
Checklist for Partnership Firm Registration
- Drafting of partnership deed
- Minimum two members as partners
- Maximum number of partners equal to or less than 20
- Selection of appropriate names
- Principal place of business
- PAN card and bank account of the firm
- Initial investment to start the firm.
Documents Required for the Registration of a Partnership
- Application for registration of partnership (Form 1)
- Certified original copy of partnership deed
- Specimen of an affidavit certifying all the details mentioned in the partnership deed and documents are correct
- PAN card and address proof of the partners
- Proof of principal place of business of the firm.
If the documents satisfy the registrar, the firm will be entered into the register of firms and a certificate of registration will be issued.